Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 16 to 20 minutes
Sometimes discovering a new food is the result of travel, but more often it arises from an encounter with a supplier or a visit to the market. You didn't come up with it, but it will give you inspiration!
Asparagus is an excellent source of folic acid and vitamin K. It also contains iron, potassium, phosphorus and selenium.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and season. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in a 200° C/400° F oven for 25 minutes, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile, remove the tough ends of the asparagus and peel off the stringy parts. Blanch in salted water. Drain and refresh in ice water.
- In a skillet, sauté the asparagus for a few minutes in butter; set aside.
- Combine the green onions, honey, mustard, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the pork chops generously with the mixture.
- On an oiled barbecue grill, cook the meat at medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Turn the chops half way through the cooking time and brush regularly with the marinade.
Serve immediately with the roasted potatoes and buttered asparagus, sprinkling on the chopped parsley at the last minutes.
Photo, recipe and comments with the kind cooperation of Jean Soulard.
Hints & Tips