Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Refrigeration time: 1 - 2 hours
Serve immediately with a spoonful of herring caviar and toast points.
- Open up the oysters and strain their liquor before chopping them coarsely. Set everything aside.
- To prepare the Bière de Mars jelly, bring the oyster liquor to a simmer in a saucepan with half the Bière de Mars. Add the agar-agar and bring to a boil; if you're using gelatin, melt it off the heat.
- Add the remaining Bière de Mars and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut the John Dory into small cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the diced John Dory with the chopped black olives, the olive oil, lime juice and zest and chopped oysters.
- Remove the beer jelly from the refrigerator with a fork and add it to the contents of the bowl. Mix gently.
- Divide the mixture among champagne coupes.
- Foam a glass of beer and remove the foam, placing it on top of the tartar.
Collaboration: VFC and Maîtres Brasseurs de France
A glass of March Beer
Hints & Tips