Light Sabayon of Lamb's Lettuce and Parmesan Shavings Recipe
Flavors of Paris and the Ile-de-France
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation and cooking time: 2 hours
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 baskets of Mache (Lamb's Lettuce)
- 2 small new onions
- 1/2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 50 ml (3 tbsp.) vegetable juice (cooking liquid from carrots or vegetable peelings)
- 100 g (6 tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 8 Parmesan shavings
- Fleur de sel
- Chop the onions finely and sweat them in the salted butter. Add the garlic. Be careful that the onions do not colour too much.
- Add the Lamb's Lettuce and sauté with the onions and garlic; put the mixture into a blender and purée, then add the vegetable juice and unsalted butter.
- Strain and taste. Correct the seasoning.
- Put the eggs into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly until a light foamy sabayon is formed.
- Pour the Lamb's Lettuce mixture into a serving bowl, and at the last minute gently place the sabayon on top. Garnish with the parmesan shavings.
Photo: Alain Muriot. Collaboration: Canetti Conseil.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips