Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: None
Refrigeration time: 24 hours (12 + 12 hours)
Recipe by Olivier Perret, Renoir‘s Chef at the Sofitel Montréal le Carré Doré
A press can be improvised by placing a baking sheet on top of the salmon and weighing it down with heavy food cans.
- Make a marinade with the zest of 1 lime and the lime juice, the ginger, lemongrass, maple sugar, cilantro, cardamom seeds, and salt.
- Rub the salmon fillets with the marinade, transfer to a rack and press (1). Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Remove the weight. Rinse and rub the salmon immediately under water to remove the salt and spices. Refrigerate the fillets for another 12 hours. The gravlax is then ready.
- Blend the sour cream with the zest of 1 lime and the juice of the lemon. Salt and pepper.
- Line a serving plate with lamb’s lettuce or endives.
- Arrange the gravlax for presentation, garnished with salmon caviar. Serve with the lemon cream.
Photo : Érable du Québec
Hints & Tips