Georgia Pecan Muesli Recipe
Flavors of the Old South
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Courtesy of Chef Scott Peacock, Watershed Restaurant, Decatur, Ga.
"I love the fresh, rich, wholesome flavor of pecans from Georgia," says Chef Peacock. "It's familiar and comforting to incorporate the distinctive, crunchy texture of Georgia pecans into homemade meals – especially breakfast."
For 6 servings
- 500 ml / 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 250 ml / 1 cup chopped pecans
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup oat bran
- 65 ml / 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 65 ml / 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 65 ml / 1/4 cup diced dried figs
- 65 ml / 1/4 cup diced dates
- 65 ml / 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Yogurt or milk to serve
- Fresh fruit and honey (optional)
- Combine all measured ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with yogurt or milk and fresh fruit, such as a banana, if desired.
For a softer, creamier texture, yogurt or milk may be stirred into the muesli and refrigerated overnight before serving. If desired, drizzle with a little honey before eating.
Nutrition information per serving muesli (without yogurt, milk, fresh fruit or honey)
- Calories: 360
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Saturated fat: 1g; monounsaturated fat: 9g; polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- Fiber: 7g
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips