White Peach Granita with Tuiles and Lemon Grass Infusion Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Freezing time: 3 hours
For 4 servings
- 4 white peaches
- 1 lemon
- 2 stalks of lemon grass
- 250 g (9 oz.) powdered sugar
- 20 g (4 tsp.) butter
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) liquid cream
- 25 g (2 Tbsp.) chopped almonds
- Peel and pit the 4 peaches; place the flesh in a blender container with the lemon juice.
- Heat 400 ml (1 1/2 cups) water and 200 g (3/4 cup) sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and pour half the syrup into the blender container.
- Wash and cut up the lemon grass stalks, add them to the remaining syrup in the saucepan and infuse for 15 minutes off the heat.
- Blend the contents of the blender container for 30 seconds, then pour it into a plastic container and freeze.
- Strain the lemon grass infusion through a fine strainer and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 150° C (300° F).
- Make the almond tuiles: melt the 40 g butter and place in a bowl. Add the cream, remaining sugar and chopped almonds. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Place 4 small mounds of the batter on a non-stick baking sheet and spread them out into circles with the back of a soup spoon. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- When the tuiles are caramelized, remove the baking sheet from the oven, let cool 1 minute and remove with a spatula.
- After the granita has frozen for 1 hour, stir it with a fork and return to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Just before serving dessert, form balls of granita and place into 4 glasses. Pour the lemon grass syrup over top and serve immediately with the almond tuiles.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips