Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
You can serve this dish as a first course, between the main course and dessert (instead of a cheese platter), or as a light dessert.
- Peel the pears and slice into rounds about 10 mm (3/8") thick.
- Coarsely crumble the roquefort cheese.
- Reassemble the pears, alternating pear slices with layers of roquefort.
- Place on a plate and drizzle with a little vinaigrette.
Lamb's lettuce (mâche)
- Rinse the lamb's lettuce quickly under water, then dry in a salad spinner.
- Toss the lamb's lettuce in a bowl with the vinaigrette and arrange attractively around the pears.
A recipe from Éric Fairand, Restaurant La Courtine, 15 rue de Strasbourg, Nantes, France
Photo: François Bertram. Styling: Claire Blancherie. Collaboration: Canetti Conseil.
Hints & Tips