Cooking time: 1 heure
The bread pudding is a classic Christmas dessert with Rice pudding and Tembleque, a coconut milk costard.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients included in Part B and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- In another bowl, shred the bread into small pieces. Add warmed milk. Let soak until bread is well wet.
- Beat 4 large eggs. Add slowly to the bread and milk mix (3).
- Add the melted butter and whisk in.
- Add the ingredients included in Part B (1). Blend in thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered mold baking dish. Place it into a much larger dish. Add enough water to the larger dish to fill it nearly three-quarters full. It's what we call a bain-marie.
- Bake for approximately one hour for the pudding to reach the desired consistency. Try not to overcook.
Serve warm or cold. It will last two to three days, well covered, in the refrigerator
A coquito drink or a strong coffee with a sip of rum.
Photo and inspiration: ElComadito.com. The Puerto Rico Coffee Shop.
Hints & Tips