Cooking: 25 to 30 minutes
California Dried Plum purée can turn a simple snack bar into a nutritional powerhouse. Loaded with healthy grains, and nuts and sweetened with a touch of maple syrup, these snack bars are perfect for tucking into your gym bag or lunch box. Enjoy!
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F. Grease and line the bottom of a 9 in. (23 cm) square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Place the Prunes in a food processor or blender with 2 Tbsp. water. Process until pureed. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, oats, sunflower seeds and salt.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and syrup.
- Pour butter mixture (4) into mixing bowl with dry ingredients (3) and stir until combined.
- Press half of the mixture (5) into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Spoon prune purée (2), carefully spreading it over oat mixture with a knife until the base is completely covered.
- Cover prune layer with remaining oat mixture (5).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 12 squares, with a sharp knife. Continue cooling in pan, before removing.
Energy bars can keep in an airtight container for a week.
With the kind assistance of California Prunes
Hints & Tips