Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
The Cereal Reflex
According to the national health nutrition program, our carbohydrate intake should represent at least 50% of our daily diet. Eating a variety of grains, a source of carbohydrates, contributes to well-balanced meals.
- Slice the leeks thinly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and quickly brown the chicken breasts which have been cut into pieces. Keep hot.
- In the same skillet, cook the leeks for a few minutes over low heat.
- Add the mustard, white wine and thyme and stir in the browned chicken pieces. Cook for a few minutes until the wine has evaporated.
- Season, add the cream and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water until the grain stops foaming. Note: Check the package, because some quinoa has already been fully cleaned and washed prior to packaging and does not need rinsing.
- Place the quinoa in twice its volume of cold water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
Tipiak quinoa packets
- Bring 2 1/2 liters of salted water to a boil in a large saucepan, then immerse the cooking packets. Cover and cook for 13-15 minutes at a constant boil.
- Remove the packets with a fork and let drain 30 seconds. Open the packets by pulling on the perforated side.
- Sauté the cooked quinoa in butter in a skillet, add the herbs and season to taste before serving.
Hints & Tips