Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Cooling time: 12 hours
Don't peel the eggplants; simply remove the stem and slice the eggplant thinly lengthwise. The skin allows it to keep its shape when cooked.
Cook the eggplant slices over low heat without browning too much. Otherwise they become crisp, whereas they should stay tender.
- Whip 150 ml cream and refrigerate.
- Place the gelatin leaves in water to soften.
- Slice the eggplant and cook the slices in olive oil in a skillet. Transfer to paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining cream with the drained gelatin.
- Add the Sainte Maure de Touraine goat's cheese in small pieces. Let it melt to form a smooth mixture and cool to lukewarm.
- Fold in the whipped cream gently.
Assembly and finishing
- Line a terrine with parchment paper.
- Cover the bottom and sides with the eggplant slices.
- Pour in the cheese mixture.
- Fold the ends of the eggplant slices over the terrine and press down lightly.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Carefully unmold the terrine.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve with a basil vinaigrette and green salad.
Photo © Pierre-Louis Viel - Comité Interprofessionnel du Sainte Maure de Touraine
Hints & Tips