Smoked Salmon and Cheese Roulade Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: None
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
For 8 first course servings
- 450 g (1 lb.) cream cheese
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) chopped capers
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) finely grated lime zest
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 375 g (3/4 lb.) smoked salmon
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) grainy mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, capers, lime juice and zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a large sheet of plastic wrap, place half the smoked salmon in a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12”) rectangle. Using a spatula, gently spread half the cream cheese mixture over the salmon.
- Divide half the cucumber slices over the cheese and roll up, using the plastic wrap to assist you, to form a roll approximately 30 cm (12”) long. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, using another sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the rolls tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until they are firm to the touch.
Finishing and presentation
- Remove the plastic wrap and coat each roll in chopped dill. Slice into approximately 24 pieces, about 2.5 cm (1”) thick. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Divide the spinach among 8 salad plates and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Place three salmon roulades on each plate and garnish with diced red pepper. Decorate with sprigs of dill, if desired.
More recipe ideas
In cooperation with Agropur
Hints & Tips