Spiced pear jam Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1.2 kg (2 ½ lbs.) pears
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) white or blond jam-making cane sugar or regular sugar
- 10 g (1/3 oz.) fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- ½ tsp. coriander seed
- ½ tsp. "grains of paradise" (Malaguetta pepper)
- Peel the pears, quarter and remove the stem and cores.
- Grate 1 kg of pear flesh with a large grater and macerate for one hour with the sugar in a non-reactive container.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Place over high heat and cook for 5 minutes after the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Skim if necessary, check that the jam will set, and place into sterilized jars.
- Let sit for a few weeks before using so that the spices will infuse the jam with their flavour.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips