Cooking time: 90 minutes
You can use this chutney as an accompaniment to game, wild duck, even venison. It's wonderful with a pork chop or foie gras. However, avoid serving it with mild meats such as veal or chicken.
Prepare it at least one day in advance so that the flavours are well blended. I created this recipe to serve with my farm pigeon (enough for 4 servings) but you can increase the quantities since it will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- Slice the lemon thinly and cut the ginger into fine strips.
- Cook them gently with 50 g sugar.
- Sauté the diced green apple in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and caramelize lightly.
- Add all the other ingredients, including the lemon and ginger with their cooking liquid.
- Cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve as a condiment.
Hints & Tips