Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Stefano Faita created this recipe with Barilla pasta.
Pasta should not be rinsed after cooking. The natural starches released from the pasta complement the pasta meal because they help “bind” the sauce that is to be used, and allow the sauce to adhere better to the pasta.
- With a knife, peel off the casing of the sausage.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the eggplant with garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sausage meat and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cream, saffron and herbs. Cook the mixture for 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to box directions. Once the pasta is cooked, add the pasta to the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Hints & Tips