Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
*To flavor plain couscous, add some cumin, turmeric, garlic, chili, oil and butter.
Prepare the recipe ahead of time so the flavors have time to blend. Reheat in the mini casseroles for about 10 minutes in a low oven.
Grains for health
Nutritionists recommend that our carbohydrate intake represent at least 50% of our daily diet. Eating a variety of grain products contributes to the balance of each meal.
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown the finely chopped onion and garlic and the sliced peppers in a casserole with 3 Tbsp. olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Cut up the tomatoes and add them to the onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken strips into pieces; brown them in a sauté pan with the remaining olive oil for 5-8 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Combine the chicken, couscous and white wine with the vegetable mixture; correct the seasoning if necessary.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, checking occasionally. Add a little water if needed so that the chicken doesn't stick.
- Divide among 4 mini casseroles, cover and keep hot in a 120° C (250° F) oven until serving time.
Hints & Tips