Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Replace the pine nuts with chopped almonds or walnuts.
The Cereal Reflex
According to the national health nutrition program, our carbohydrate intake should represent at least 50% of our daily diet. Eating a variety of grains, a source of carbohydrates, contributes to well-balanced meals.
- In 25 g butter in a sauté pan, cook the thinly sliced onions until golden.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and brown the chicken scallopini which have been cut into pieces.
- Add the honey and simmer for a few moments.
- Add 100 ml water, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Couscous and finishing
- While the chicken-onion mixture cooks, prepare the couscous according to package directions. If using Tipiak organic couscous, immerse the cooking packets for 90 seconds into boiling salted water.
- Remove each packet with a fork and drain for 20 seconds.
- Pour the couscous onto a platter; add the remaining butter and fluff with a fork.
- Form a well in the centre of the couscous and top with the chicken-onion mixture. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Hints & Tips