Pear Jam with walnuts Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Waiting time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1.2 kg (2 ½ lbs.) pears
- 100 g (4 oz.) shelled walnuts
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) white or blond jam-making sugar
- Peel the pears, quarter and remove the stem and cores.
- Grate 1 kg of pear flesh with a large grater and macerate with the sugar for one hour in a non-reactive container.
- Place over high heat; cook for 5 minutes after the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly. One minute before the end of the cooking time add the walnut pieces, slightly crushed.
- Skim if necessary, check that the jam will set, and place into sterilized jars, dividing the walnuts evenly among the jars.
- Seal the jars and turn over, lids down, until cool.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips