Pear jam with saffron and chilli Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Waiting time : 1 hour
Cooking time : 5 minutes
- Peel the pears, quarter and remove the stem and cores.
- Grate 1 kg of pear flesh with a large grater and macerate with the sugar and saffron for one hour in a non-reactive container.
- Meanwhile, rinse the chilli and chop it finely.
- Place all ingredients over high heat and cook for 5 minutes after the mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Skim if necessary, check that the jam will set, and place into sterilized jars. Let sit for a few weeks before using so that the spices will infuse the jam with their flavour.
Good served with cheese or spread on toast.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips