Pestinos are fritters prepared during Holy Week in Spain, particularly in Andalucia. Flour, oil and sugar: these few ingredients are able to produce a delicious treat.
Some cooks like to let the dough rest for 15 to 60 minutes before frying.
- Fry the zests in the oil.
- Place the flour and eggs in a large bowl, then mix in the flavored oil with a wooden spoon to form a smooth batter. Finish with the white wine.
- Roll out the dough very thinly. Cut into rectangles and fold the points over into the centre; press to seal so that the pestinos do not open up when cooked.
- Fry in a good quantity of hot oil. Drain and transfer to paper towels.
- Toss in sugar or drizzle with honey.
ID 27500772 / nito500 / MSCOMM
Hints & Tips