Foie gras with California prune chutney Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 25 to 30 minutes
For 2 servings
- 4 slices of foie gras
- mixed greens
- 4 tranches de pain grillé
- 75 ml / 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 California prunes, chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
- Place sugar, vinegar and wine in a medium saucepan and dissolve over low heat.
- Add red onion, bring to a boil and add California prunes and apple. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the chutney is thick and glossy.
- In a non-stick sauté pan, fry the foie gras for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens with toast on the side and a small bowl of chutney.
More recipe ideas
Photo and recipe: Courtesy of California Prunes
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips