Risotto with radicchio, golden raisins and St. Agur cheese Recipe
Flavors of France
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 6 servings
- 300 g risotto rice , e.g., Arborio
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 60 g onion, finely chopped
- 2 litres / 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt / pepper / Espelette chili
- 40 ml olive oil
- 100 g Saint Agur cheese
- 80 g cream
- 40 g golden raisins, soaked in warm water
- 40 g radicchio, finely cut
- Blend the St. Agur cheese with the cream; set aside at room temperature.
- Drain the raisins.
- Heat the chicken broth.
- Sauté the onions in the olive oil in a shallow pan until lightly colored.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are translucent and pearly.
- Add the white wine and stir constantly until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Reduce the heat and add enough broth to cover the rice.
- Once the liquid has been absorbed, repeat the process (at least three times), stirring all the time the rice cooks.
- Two minutes before the end of the cooking time (when the rice grains are al dente but with a creamy risotto texture), remove from the heat.
Finishing and presentation
- Add the raisins, St. Agur and cream mixture, salt and pepper to taste, and a touch of Espelette chili. Combine.
- Serve hot in a 6 bowls with the chopped radicchio sprinkled on top.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Jacques Gavard
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips