Prep. time: A few minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Although it's already a meal in itself, this couscous welcomes the addition of other ingredients, depending on your imagination and what's in season. Don't have frozen blueberries? Try dried!
- Place the vegetable broth and 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, add the couscous and stir well. Cover and let rest for 8 minutes.
- Dice the zucchini and carrots.
- In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and warm the frozen blueberries. Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add the chopped walnuts and chick peas. Remove from the heat and add the mixture to the couscous.
- Combine well. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and lemon zest. Garnish with the herbs.
Photo & Collaboration: SPBQ - Quebec Blueberry Producers Association
Hints & Tips