Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
A first course or lunch dish that combines the lightness of tomato with the complex carbohydrates of couscous without excess fat. The aromatic herbs, garlic and shallot add to the tomato’s protective qualities.
- Wash the tomatoes, slice off the tops and save for “lids.”
- Use a spoon or melon baller to hollow out the centers.
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour over the couscous. Set aside to swell for about 5 minutes.
- Wash the mint and shake dry. Pluck off and chop the leaves.
- Peel the shallots and garlic. Chop finely and sauté lightly in a little olive oil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, pine nuts, mint and crumbled feta cheese and fold into the couscous.
- Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste.
Finishing and presentation
- Fill the tomatoes with the couscous mixture. Replace the tops and arrange the tomatoes in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with a few drops of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 200° C (400° F) oven for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the tomatoes with a washed and dried mint leaf just before serving.
Hints & Tips