Mirabelle and shrimp spring rolls Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 4 or 8 minutes
For 4 servings
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 16 cooked shrimps
- 100 g mirabelles (yellow plums)
- 2 carrots
- 100 g celeriac
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 1 head of lettuce or oak leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 piece ginger root
- oil for frying
- Pit the mirabelles and cut into strips.
- Peel and cut the carrots and celeriac into very thin sticks.
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- Peel the shrimp and halve lengthwise. Wash and drain the mint and lettuce.
Making the spring rolls
- Soak a sheet of rice paper in hot water and lay it on a wet towel.
- On the edge of the rice paper closest to you, place a mint leaf, a little carrot and celeriac, some bean sprouts and ginger. Add a few strips of mirabelle and 4 shrimp halves, and finally another mint leaf.
- Roll up tightly to enclose the ingredients. At the two-thirds point, fold the edges in toward the middle and continue rolling to finish the spring roll. Repeat with the other rolls.
Cooking and serving
- Fry the spring rolls in a deep fryer or frying pan. Drain on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot with the mint leaves and lettuce, along with dishes of soy sauce and spring roll dipping sauce.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips